top of page

Education and children's services

If your education query relates to special educational needs and disabilities, or to EHCPs, you can seek advice from SENDIASS, who support children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and their parents and carers to help with their related concerns or questions. 
You can refer to SENDIASS via their website, or via telephone: 0113 378 5020
If you have an autistic child, you can access support from the Education Rights Helpline

Safeguarding young people

You should contact children’s social services if you have any concerns about the safeguarding of a child within Leeds: 0113 222 4403 (Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, except Wednesdays when they are open from 10am).
Barnardo’s Leeds Children's Rights Service is an independent rights and advocacy service for children, young people and care leavers looked after by Leeds Social Care.
Telephone: 07808 736330 
Forward Leeds have dedicated support and information for young people who are misusing drugs and/or up to the age of 21 and a separate phone line 0113 887 2757. You can also call or text 07525265755 or email
The Market Place offer a range of services including one to one support, counselling, group-work and our drop-in available for 11-25 year olds in Leeds.
Telephone: 0113 246 1659

If you'd still like to contact Alex

We now offer surgeries via zoom or phone twice a month.

In certain circumstances we can offer face to face to appointments if needed.

To book an appointment please email with your full name, address, contact details with information on the subject you would like to discuss with Alex. 


Alex and the team also have ‘street surgeries’ around the constituency each month. If he is coming to your street you will receive a letter in advance.

If you and your neighbours would like to see Alex on your street and discuss issues that are important send us an email at


Policy questions

Alex has a live Facebook Q&A ('Ask Alex') where you can submit questions on local and national issues. This takes place twice a month. Or you can email him. Find out more and submit a policy question.

bottom of page